Elizabeth Bevilacqua on 19 Sep 2007 10:15:26 -0000

[PLUG] Free MythTV Seminar, Saturday September 22nd

MythTV Seminar and Installations by Matt Mossholder.

Join us for a hands on seminar, where we will build and configure a MythTV Home
Theater PC (HTPC) based upon Ubuntu and Mythbuntu.

Date: Saturday, September 22nd 2007

Time: Noon-5PM

Location: The ATS Group, 1200 Atwater Drive, Suite 170, Malvern, PA 19355
http://www.theatsgroup.com/

Refreshments: Snacks, coffee, and soda will be provided

The topics to be covered include:
 * MythTV Overview
  * Master Backend
  * Slave Backends
  * Frontends
  * Alternatives
 * Component selection
  * Video Capture devices
  * Processor
  * Hard Drives
  * Remote Controls
  * Video Cards (nVidia, ATI, Intel, VIA)
 * Design Decisions
  * Combined Frontend/Backend, or separate components?
  * Disk based or Diskless?
  * Wired or Wireless?
  * Standard Definition or High Definition?
  * RAID?

After we have completed the initial session, we will then go hands on, walk
through the process of building a MythTV system. To keep things manageable,
only the first 10 people to register are eligible to participate in building
systems, but all are welcome to attend.

If you would like to attend or assist, please contact Matt Mossholder via matt
AT mossholder DOT com, or enter yourself in one of the tables over on the
Ubuntu Pennsylvania wiki page for the event:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PennsylvaniaTeam/Philly/MythTVSeminar

--
Elizabeth Bevilacqua
http://www.princessleia.com