sean finney on 25 Sep 2007 23:04:32 -0000

Re: Community standards (was Re: [PLUG] What next? and small rant [VMware on Ubuntu])

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 12:30:36 am Matt Mossholder wrote:
> 	It isn't just you, it is the whole thread. Instead of continuing to
> argue about it, and repeating some of the things that people said the
> found offensive in the first place, how about we just try and keep
> things somewhat on topic.
>
> 	The bonus of this approach is that it becomes very hard to offend
> anyone, intentionally or not. Nothing is wrong with humor, but if you
> wouldn't feel comfortable with a joke in a business setting, it probably
> isn't appropriate for the list either.

+1

jftr i completely agree with liz about this being totally inappropriate in the
first place.  i'll decline to waste my time arguing with those that disagree
though, and instead suggest that we follow matt's advice and just steer
things back on topic.

	sean