Dan Widyono on 26 Sep 2007 03:42:31 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Community standards

>    first place. Empower the USER. USER is a genderless word.

So is stripper, fwiw.

> i can hypothesize why it can be interpreted as offensive... being a
> minority in any group, any comments or jokes that stereotypes (whether
> good or bad) the minority is always interpreted as offensive. Its

I'm a minority and I don't get offended by minority jokes against my
minority-ness; therefore I disagree with the "always" above.  But perhaps
that puts me in another minority?

Maybe we should have jokes about minorities who aren't offended by jokes
against their minority-ness...

I'm not advocating for or against the original joke, or for or against the
complaint about the joke.  I just figured, we've gotten this far off topic,
might as well flog this horse into the ground and make sure it doesn't
survive the night.  And it sounds like the original joke(r) already
apologized to the original complainant, so perhaps we should stop
meta-discussing.

Penguin.  Linux.  RAID.  Imagine a beowulf cluster of strippers...

paint strippers, you perv.

Dan W.