kamiza103 on 4 Oct 2007 06:26:32 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Survey: who drives a stick shift?

I own a manual and my wife can drive it.  In the UK we get rentals that are manual.  My wife can drive well in the UK.  My first day driving with the shifter on the left side, combined with all the other differences, was quite...interesting.  heh  I was told that people who take the driving test in the UK with a manual are allowed drive either type of car, but those who test on an automatic are only allowed to drive and automatic.  (I can't verify that.)

JP Vossen <jp@jpsdomain.org> wrote:
I drive a stick. I hate automatics. I convinced my wife to drive a
stick, and she did for 10 years. Until... No one makes a mini-van with
a stick...

Why Software Sucks: Geeks Drive Stick Shift Cars
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAOTTLQ0rlY

Who else?
JP
JP Vossen, CISSP |:::======| jp{at}jpsdomain{dot}org
My Account, My Opinions |=========| http://www.jpsdomain.org/
Microsoft has single-handedly nullified Moore's Law.
Innate design flaws of Windows make a personal firewall, anti-virus
and anti-malware software mandatory. The resulting software arms race
has effectively flattened Moore's Law on hardware running Windows.