Dan Widyono on 4 Oct 2007 15:34:21 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: Survey: who drives a stick shift?

I subscribe to PhillyCarShare, and use whatever is available, be it a Prius
Hybrid, Civic Hybrid, etc., and let them deal with maintenance.  No stick
shifts, but there are some semi-automatic (a.k.a. Tiptronic, etc.) systems.

Once in a long while (or if no hybrids are available), I try something just
for fun.  The Mazda Miata had nice pickup and control but it's cramped.  I
will be trying the BMW, Audi, and Volvo soon.  I did not like the
semi-automatic shifting in either the Mini Cooper nor the VW Beetle, but that
might just be due to inexperience.  I primarily enjoy the Civic Hybrid
because it doesn't *feel* like a hybrid (comparing it to a Prius).  I also
like feeling safer due to the Civic's high crash test ratings.

Dan W.