jeff on 4 Oct 2007 15:43:04 -0000

[PLUG] KVM

I tried KVM briefly last night on a couple of distro ISOs I dl'd.

The first thing I noticed was that it pegged my cpu.  VMware doesn't.
The other seemed to be that this is qemu.

One one of the ISOs, it was very unhappy with Xorg and would only run
with Xvesa(?), but that might have been the distro itself.

I read about acceleration, installed it, yet qemu said it wasn't there
because it couldn't open /kqemu (doing this by memory).

When I fired up the ISOs with VMplayer, they used less than half the cpu.

Think I'll stick with VMware for now.

-=-=-
... Bush's explanation of 9/11 is conspiracy theory.