Brian Vagnoni on 5 Oct 2007 13:43:53 -0000

RE: power testers (was Re: [PLUG] Alms for the Poor)

Ohm law dc

E x I = P
Volts x Current = Power(watts)

E / I = Resistance (ohms) load

I^2 x R = P

Transpose as necessary

Brian V

If I'm not mistaken it's been a little while for me to.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: 10/5/07 12:51 AM
Subject: power testers (was Re: [PLUG] Alms for the Poor)

just got a good idea- not DIRECTLY linux-related, but anyone want to try to
think up some ways to make these out of homemade stuff/cheap bulk electronic
components and intermediate soldering and then present/share schematics?

they're really useful things to have on hand. i'd love to do it but i don't
know nearly enough about wiring, ohms, currents, etc.