Brent Saner on 8 Oct 2007 08:49:54 -0000

Re: [PLUG] xorg.conf modelines for Optiplex GX 260

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] xorg.conf modelines for Optiplex GX 260
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 04:49:46 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=VbNN54rqT6Lb//YfJhDIJYyP+3bHHfTvILMjy1ctmNU=; b=ivZu8OVlLY6QiF9/1e+2/bkrdr3t8wW0qiCriaxEd52nRP3auHLL8UWXEfnzAidqffXUpyDn6gR/ZzJJ+7i8PaeeMTXRrUJTbbH3Zy5IiU0YUGfWOIlUfK2z/vMxixyt6ySMyOo4jZwe3vNpjzof2rDnTkfflbo7kJTUjzC5lg8=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

i'm no X hacker, but i just have this intuitive feeling that it's your syncs still....

this page might help:
http://forum.freespire.org/archive/index.php/t-4364.html

and according to:
http://lifehacker.com/software/linux/-291069.php

try
sudo apt-get install displayconfig-gtk

some other links which may help:
http://www.x.org/archive/X11R6.8.0/doc/xorg.conf.5.html
http://www.x.org/wiki/
http://aleks.vigio.pl/
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html (BSD, but should still be relevant)
http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Xorg.conf_tips

and as always, REMEMBER TO BACK UP before attempting any configuration changes.
cp ~/xorg_backup /etc/X11/xorg.conf
is hella lot easier than
dpkg-reconfigure xorgyadayadayada