george on 8 Oct 2007 18:36:39 -0000

[PLUG] IceApe's composer won't show tags in a simple HTML page

Having recently upgraded my debian PC's from sarge to etch, I've been
dismayed to find negative progress:

1. IceApe's Composer won't show the tags in an HTML page; instead,
   the formatting gets scrambled and no tag images appear where the
   new blanks form.  Fortunately, nothing is permanently changed.
   However, the page I'm editing has nearly 100 links, and I'd like
   to insert tags so that the reader can return to a range of entries
   in the original page without just using his browser's BACK button.
   Are there any alternative WYSIWYG HTML editors that are in the etch
   distribution ?

2. In sarge, Mozilla-Venkman worked fine for viewing suspect source
   code (i.e., phishes). In etch, just one page can be opened and its
   sourcecode examined.  After X'ing out of Venkman, it will not
   open again until the PC has been rebooted.  The Mozilla-Venkman
   archives appear to have been lost.  Are there any alternatives
   for looking at web pages containing j*v*scr*pt without danger
   of executing that scr*pt ?

The troublesome HTML page under edit is here:
http://www.georgesbasement.com/mfno135typestudy/index.htm

George Langford