jeff on 9 Oct 2007 04:05:57 -0000

Re: [PLUG] obvious question? Ubuntu/VMware

Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> Not to sound like a broken record, but it really is far easier to use QEMU,
> which is already packaged.

Thanks - I used it a while back and reacquainted myself with it over the
past two days.  Also installed VirtualBox.

While I'll grant you that VMplayer is refusing to come up (a significant
problem), qemu and Vbox seem to have their own proclivities.

I was messing around and decided to see how four micro distros ran from
the ISOs under qemu and VB and if they'd install to a virtual drive.
 --> Suffice it to say that I shall miss that portion of my life.

Most came up(!) and only one installed to disc under each.

I'm going to keep both on the hd just in case, but things seem to be
pointing to VMware.

Obviously your mileage varied, as mine would if I tried it on the
machine in the next room.

I'll have a go with a faster machine at work.

Thanks.