Brent Saner on 11 Oct 2007 17:35:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] More info - Gutsy update broke cifs

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] More info - Gutsy update broke cifs
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:35:19 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=UYif89poJZvf0YzfSu6DS35OJTEJ4BPuxxNDH5FncCg=; b=fRJJDC9R2fs0YRy/woexsi0/ChUdLuqOpXdse2qaj2snCsje168xnOJCbeoybNN+8wcOHklICOts74XXosOHt+uBtZxG0PPbW1ueZgfLzl4pFjrEi7OlYqx2wl91yhzeAhpQHgWUMm62RrNwQtc7jI0GtGvJFAjWJV8oL3Cg6VY=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

well, unless you're running a share off USB, the two are unrelated.

-try uninstalling/purging samba
-do you have any shares in fstab?
-any windows partitions?

it looks like it's trying to connect to a samba share and mount it as a virtual file system, but is not able to because of improper login credentials (for whatever reason).