Art Alexion on 16 Oct 2007 20:21:21 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Bloat Lovers Celebrate

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 12:49:43 Jason wrote:
> On 10/13/07, Brian Vagnoni <bvagnoni@v-system.net> wrote:
> >  Opensuse 10.3 is out. If this is old news to you please excuse the post.
>
> I tried it out, and there were some mighty annoying things.  At least
> they're annoying to me.

I've been monitoring the evolution list since I want to try to use it to
replace as many outlook desktops as I can where I work.  I am using evo 2.12
which I haven't been able to break on kubunu gutsy.  It's not features, but
the performance that has vastly improved.

Anyway, despite my really positive experiences with it under kubuntu (with
only enough gnome installed to allow it to run), all I am hearing on the evo
list for those trying to run it under opensuse 10.3 are complaints, with many
reinstalling 10.2.

Never tried it myself.  Don't know from personal experience.  But from what I
am reading, it doesn't look like I am going to try it in the foreseeable
future.

(Incidentally, I am also testing SLED 10.1, which integrates into an existing
MS infrastructure very nicely out of the box.  That said, it is the hardest
distro to customize I have ever tried.)

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @