jeff on 16 Oct 2007 23:42:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] the appliance whose name shall not be spoken

Brent Saner wrote:
> haaahahaha
> oh, you poor man.
>
> that's ugly. now i'm curious who the MFTR is...

SNAP server.  I forget, but there's only one.  I remember them being
bought years back.  They're still producing them, but I wouldn't touch
one with a 50' network cable.

The fact that I could get to the OS was pretty cool though.

By way of follow up, the unit eventually cooperated.  My workmate asks
me what'll happen if he toggles the ftp button on the GUI.  I told him
it would provide hours of entertainment, provided he didn't actually
want to use ftp.

He tells me it's working, yet I can't pull up any ftp process, so I tell
him it isn't.  Mind you, he has a login prompt, so I can't really argue.
 I got the process the third time.  One would hope it would show up
before someone gets asked for credentials, but I'm just silly that way.

And how many times have we heard THIS?
Another coworker, when asked if he'd like a login, says we need to put a
quota on it because if not, he'll try to take the whole thing up... he
has a bit of a control problem :)

If nothing else, we laugh a lot.