Brent Saner on 21 Oct 2007 21:10:19 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Meeting Topic Request

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Meeting Topic Request
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:10:11 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=ZO3wBNJgpbl/59lxD4mCyeFJN4A/VJuOWYTpL9WL6Xk=; b=RokDl6XRHIw6MXmb7cDE+k6FehdRG1LrfwoDSm446VCQjhq43FP0oPYkOw6S3XU8gabw2z+f1wJ0nemHA4u3YsBD7spq6YzrTceDTCWq34kMk5vYRtxmIjSUaHTXl22nyyG4B2JcZrjdlTIduhtwxxCozyOYFjwq/sQiMsM/JFk=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

uhm. are you sure? it's my recollection that LTSP uses x forwarding- that's why it makes then thin clients- they don't even need hard drives. it loads it all in ram and processor from the network. VNC needs some sort of client installed.
also, VNC is:
-slower
-less secure
-more taxing on system resources
than LTSP

but i was talking about clustering anyways, not terminal services. ;)