Stephen Gran on 24 Oct 2007 14:05:26 -0000

Re: [PLUG] how to automatically download firmware into FX2 using hotplug

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 06:52:14PM +0530, Venkatesh Ananthakrishnan, TLS-Chennai said:
> As per hotplug project in sourceforge.net I tried to add entries in
> usb.usermap. I have place corresponding script file in the
> /etc/hotplug/usb directory. But it is not invoking the script. How to
> debug this .

You don't say what kernel version or distribution you are using, but
hotplug has been replaced in favor of udev on modern kernels, and most
modules use the request_firmware() call to load their own firmware.
Depending on distro, usually the search path includes at least
/lib/firmware.

If you are using a kernel old enough that hotplug is still used, I don't
remember the answer off hand.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Moe: What did you give your wife for    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | Valentine's Day? Joe: The usual gift -- |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | she ate my heart out.                   |