Matthew Rosewarne on 25 Oct 2007 05:04:22 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT OSX Leopard v10.5

On Wednesday 24 October 2007, Brian Vagnoni wrote:
> For those of you who believe all software should be free, and don't care by
> what means they achieve this goal. FYI:  OSX Leopard is available for
> download on USENET now. Use it before RIAA(Evil Empire the Sequel; play
> theme music in e minor)  makes it disappear forever.
>
> I can neither confirm nor deny using USENET, ahhh, ahhh, a friend told me;
> yeah that's the ticket :)

While it may not concern some, respect for copyright is an integral part of
Free software's history of success.  Please don't advocate the illegal
copying of unlicensed software on the list, it reflects poorly on all of us
here.

Also worth noting is that the RIAA, nasty as they may be, won't be doing
anything about illegal software on USENET.  Apple, its partners, and its
lobbying groups are just as belligerent as the RIAA when it comes to you
sharing their software.  That is something to keep in mind the next time you
have the choice of supporting them by buying their products.