Brian Vagnoni on 26 Oct 2007 02:21:15 -0000

Re: [PLUG] tabbed rdp/vnc

Opensuse 10.3 has kde4. not sure if it is a beta or not but it is present in the distro.

Brian Vagnoni

From: Matthew Rosewarne [mailto:mrosewarne@inoutbox.com]
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List [mailto:plug@lists.phillylinux.org]
Sent: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 22:07:06 -0400
Subject: Re: [PLUG] tabbed rdp/vnc

On Thursday 25 October 2007, jeff wrote:
> I did some extensive searching and can't come up with anything like
> this. I want to remote control a Win and a lin box in a tabbed
> interface under lin. I can get at them via VNC now.
>
> I checked to see if Konqueror would do it, but no.
> UltraVNC has a tabbed viewer, but it's Win only.
> I know there's a VNC web server on my Win box, but I'd prefer not to run
> it unless there's no other way.
> Java web plugins for a browser were mentioned but I haven't found
> anything yet.

The good news is that KRDC (KDE remote resktop client), can open several VNC
or RDP sessions in tabs.

The bad news is that only the KDE 4.0 version can do that, and KDE 4.0 won't
be out until December.

Of course, you could always build KDE from svn, maybe hack on it a bit.
^ ^ ^
| | |
( Hint... ) | |
( Hint... ) |