Matthew Rosewarne on 27 Oct 2007 02:05:42 -0000

Re: [PLUG] non-nerdy ... a non-rant

Actually, that's almost exactly what I do now, except for using rdiff-backup
instead of rsync.  That way, I can get back files that I may have deleted, as
well as being able to verify the backup with hashes.  Also, I leave the
external backup drive unplugged most of the time, as to protect from power
surges.  Some day though, I hope to be able to use a Torvaldsian backup
strategy:

http://groups.google.com/group/linux.dev.kernel/msg/76ae734d543e396d