zuzu on 27 Oct 2007 05:03:34 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Free Software

  • From: zuzu <sean.zuzu@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Free Software
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 01:03:29 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=mMcjl2ee6c0Fb3N21ffPQbYlHTeeNu7CRjnBgkQ/dLU=; b=VSrNxfi3RgPw32ihSjWyg4ZwKlfIVvLgVpkXHDl+fgyqz4gTYokxdALYeqcflMS95K9y9QfVpRxxgG0SAWnBf/KFVgavKWN6bWDFX1SFkVbIhCsg7arU6Y8k0gYbnu/pUZJzHQ8BgMCLQu3gvp81ykOe0hla2EPtJKZM6N9awnM=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

On 10/27/07, Toby DiPasquale <toby@cbcg.net> wrote:

> Are you seriously proposing that we stop using this black box and use an
> inferior one because the box doesn't happen to be within our borders? This
> argument is identical to "baseball will be destroyed because they are
> allowing steroid use to run rampant". Obviously not so: ticket sales are
> on the rise and so are TV viewings. People want to see interesting games
> and if the players on steroids provide that, they'll get airtime and
> money.

this is such an irresistible tangent of a tangent for me.  one word:  LASIK.