Art Alexion on 28 Oct 2007 05:59:28 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Taking a Whack Against Comcast

On Saturday, 27 October 2007 20:12, Eugene Smiley wrote:
> Oh, yes! I am oh so satisfied with being sodomized by defacto
> monopolies. They only think that they have 25 million "satisfied" customers
> because they never hear them complaining.
>
> I'd love to see Comcast do a survey of all 25 million customers to get the
> real story, but alas, it'll never happen. Ignorance is bliss.

I once read on this list a note from a comcast customer who had their
connection closed for a couple of days by comcast for using too much
bandwidth.  Comcast refused to define what was "too much".

I never read the comcast TOS, but I pointed out that if the "agreement" (only
a federal judge, late of a large law firm with mostly corporate clients could
call it an "agreement" with a straight face) doesn't provide defined limits,
then there are no limits, and he should complain.

He responded that he feared that complaining would cause them to shut down his
connection longer, perhaps permanently.  Now that is how people respond to de
facto monopolies.  They act like the old man of fiction who is afraid to
complain about the neighbor kids who throw stones at his house because that
may cause them to throw bricks the next time.  A satisfied customer?  Does
the old man enjoy the pebbles just because they aren't bricks?

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @