Matthew Rosewarne on 30 Oct 2007 04:19:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [Fwd: Gutsy and Atheros - now working]

On Monday 29 October 2007, Mike Leone wrote:
> One last thing that still annoys me is that KNetworkManager needs to
> prompt me for my KDE Wallet password, before it loads up support for the
> card and activates it, when I log in. Anyone know how to make that just
> load up without prompting me every time I log in?

kwallet is much more useful if you use it for multiple apps, sort of like
gpg-agent/ssh-agent.  If you don't want to _ever_ enter a password for the
wallet, you can change the password on your wallet to empty.  It's probably
not a good idea though, since that would make all the passwords and other
info in your wallet available to anyone, just like writing them all down in a
text file (I've seen people do it, seriously!).  If the password prompt keeps
you awake at night, you should be able to make a new wallet without a
password and keep just your WEP/WPA keys in there.  You can do this in the
KDE Wallet Manager (kwalletmanager), which will open if you click the brown
wallet icon in the tray.