jeff on 3 Nov 2007 17:18:57 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Cafe Latte attack (WEP)

Brent Saner wrote:
> now they can apparently crack WEP by just being in range of a computer and
> no longer need to be in range of an AP.

What the article (and industry) fails to take into account is the root
cause of these hacks.  It's not idiot users, neutered protocols, or
black hats.  The actual problem here is grossly overpriced coffee (and
the people who drink it).

You'll notice there are no wireless APs at Dunkin Donuts - and no $4.50
coffee drinks.

I know it's not fair to compare Starbucks with Dunkin, because Dunkin
doesn't charge that much for over-roaster, bitter dark liquid.  Perhaps
if they did, people would proclaim it superior and Dunkin would have to
install APs out of guilt.

[Yes, I'm kidding.  Mostly.]

-=-=-
... Jeff for President - Skull and Bones wouldn't *have* him!