fljohnson3 on 3 Nov 2007 19:52:12 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Cafe Latte attack (WEP)

Bad news, folks:

I just read the presentation AND the Wikipedia entry.

Unfortunately, neither REALLY discusses a solution to the aforementioned
security problem. In English, neither item answered the question, "What
are we supposed to do aside from (1) abandon the use of wireless Internet
or (2) invent and bring into widespread use a whole new security protocol
for the 802.xx family?"

Now for an attempt at levity: I called no joy on $tarbucks a long time ago
as at the time, they charged extra for Wi-Fi (don't know if they're still
contracted with T-Mobile at this moment). Over the ensuing year or two, I
learned of a number of seemingly regional coffee shops throwing in
wireless with the coffee and bagel.