Matt Mossholder on 3 Nov 2007 20:01:54 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: Cafe Latte attack (WEP)

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 14:48 -0500, fljohnson3@isp.com wrote:
> Bad news, folks:
>
> I just read the presentation AND the Wikipedia entry.
>
> Unfortunately, neither REALLY discusses a solution to the aforementioned
> security problem. In English, neither item answered the question, "What
> are we supposed to do aside from (1) abandon the use of wireless Internet
> or (2) invent and bring into widespread use a whole new security protocol
> for the 802.xx family?"

You mean like WPA/WPA2? The presentation specifically says that people
should be using the newer security mechanisms to avoid this, and
numerous other attacks.

If people are still on WEP and thinking they are secure, there must be
crack in the water or something.

      --Matt