Mag Gam on 3 Nov 2007 22:07:48 -0000

[PLUG] autofs question.

  • From: "Mag Gam" <magawake@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: [PLUG] autofs question.
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 18:07:45 -0400
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

Hi All

I am new to autofs, and kind of learning Perl. I was asked to write something to make sure if our NFSed file systems are accessible. The only way I can think is, knowing the directories name in the exported filesystem, and 'cd' into it, to make sure its accessible. I am writing a perl script to traverse thru the filesystem and making sure I can access each filesystem. My question is, is there a way to find out all the directories on an exported autofs' filesystem?  Any techniques I can do to verify the autofs is working okay?

TIA