Robert Spangler on 6 Nov 2007 00:11:45 -0000

Re: [PLUG] fc7 cds

On Mon November 5 2007 15:41, Ron Kaye Jr wrote:

>  fc7-> marketability
>  at some point,  i hope to switch from being
>  wintel server/cisco/network guy
>  to a linux guy.
>  from time to time, i test stuff like scripts,
>  group policies, security, etc on w2k3

If you want to walk this line I would suggest that you install CentOS instead
of fc7.  CentOS is built from the srpm's of RedHat.  With fc# you are just
going to have to continually update your system every few months.  Besides
fc# is bleeding edge and no one (ok except for people that don't know any
better) installs test bed software on a production environment.

>  it seems that traditional cd isos are unavailable.
>  {{can you run an install from a live cd? (fc7)}}

Sure they are it's just that today everyone is using a Torrent to get them.
If you want CentOS then fire up the torrent and use this to get it:

CentOS-5.0-i386-bin-1to6.torrent

or

CentOS-5.0-x86_64-bin-1to7.torrent
for the 64 bit version