JP Vossen on 6 Nov 2007 21:19:49 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Hello!

Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 14:13:26 -0500
From: Michael Greb <mgreb@linode.com>

Figured I would introduce myself.  I recently moved to South Jersey and
PLUG seems to be the most worthwhile LUG in the area ;).
[...]
Welcome.

[...]
> My son loves penguins on anything, including the
computer, he spends a great deal of time in TuxPaint and pytoddler.

Cool. My 3.5yo loves Tuxpaint (and check into "tuxpaint-config - Configuration tool for Tux Paint") and childsplay (also Python-based). My 1.5yo loves the animal flashcards in childsplay, which he can control via arrow keys. I had lots of fun cleaning blueberries out of the mouse yesterday...

This took me a few minutes to find since it's a tad buried, so for reference: http://code.google.com/p/pytoddler/. Not surprisingly given its age I don't find this in the Gutsy repos. :-/

Later,
JP
Microsoft has single-handedly nullified Moore's Law.
Innate design flaws of Windows make a personal firewall, anti-virus
and anti-malware software mandatory. The resulting software arms race
has effectively flattened Moore's Law on hardware running Windows.