kamiza103 on 7 Nov 2007 19:10:40 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OSS for Lunch Money Tracking

Maybe SQL-based is better if multiple people need to use it from different locations.  I guess it doesn't make sense to build a custom system.

Matthew Rosewarne <mrosewarne@inoutbox.com> wrote:
On Wednesday 07 November 2007, kamiza103@yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> I didn't think of complete packages. heh Will those things allow payments
> from, say...a hundred or more children to be tracked?

I don't really have 100 kids, or all that much money, so I can't say how well
they scale. Both KMyMoney and GNUCash store their info in XML, which is
presumably slower than a SQL-based approach.

New Design Yahoo! JAPAN 2008/01/01