Joseph B. Welsh on 7 Nov 2007 20:55:57 -0000

Re: [PLUG] VMWare workstation on Gutsy host

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 17:04 -0400, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
> VMWare workstation traditionally has had problems on new Linux
> releases, because it requires kernel modules to be recompiled.  I am
> currently on Feisty, and would like to upgrade to Gutsy, but am
> hesitant because I am not sure that VMWare workstation will run on it.
>
> Is anyone successfully running VMWare workstation on a Gutsy host?
> Thank you very much.
>
> Regards
> -- Bhaskar

Sorry for the late reply.  I am successfully running Vmware Workstation
(5.5.5 build-56455) on Gusty.  I still had to run the Vmware-anywhere
patch to compile the the vmmon modules but after that it worked like a
charm...

Joe