lists on 19 Nov 2007 16:09:13 -0000

[PLUG] Perl backticks/system question

Hi all,

I have a bash script that I need to run from within a Perl script and
capture the output.  My script works fine until it hits a parentheses in
an argument and then I get:

    sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('

I understand that if there are arguments in backticks the command is sent
to the shell for interpretation, but if I run the command outside of my
Perl script it works fine so I am not sure where I am getting the error
from.  I have used quotemeta() to escape all the special characters.

TIA,

Jon