System Admin on 26 Nov 2007 20:53:31 -0000

[PLUG] FT/Senior Linux Systems/Infrastructure Engineer

Two openings (one near term, one mid term) exist for motivated, organized self-starting Senior Engineers in our Newtown, PA office. An ideal candidate will have considerable experience with using and configuring Linux in the role of a postgres database, java application server, web server, and other targeted function.

We require highly developed core Linux/Unix/shell scripting/hardware skills as a foundation, but also highly value experience with EMC Clariion storage, Cisco networking, experience racking and cabling server,  load balancing and Java app server config expertise.  Troubleshooting skills also a plus.

This is a zero travel position which is completely focused on provisioning, troubleshooting, and maintaining a production web application environment in which Java/Linux plays a nearly exclusive role.  Many other open source technologies are in play, and your knowledge of how to apply these to business operations is an asset.

Local candidates preferred, but all entertained. Please email a recent resume with contact information.

We offer Fair compensation, benefits, a beautiful office building, casual environment, our own datacenter, and a flexible management staff.

Direct applicants only. No submissions or offers from recruiters can be entertained.

Please direct resumes to sysadmin@vantage.com