Matthew Rosewarne on 27 Nov 2007 03:26:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] RSS feed server

On Monday 26 November 2007, George A. Theall wrote:
> Gregarius stores entries in a database and supports updating them
> periodically via a cron job, as described in
> http://wiki.gregarius.net/index.php/Updating_feeds_with_cron.  It also
> has several plugins for added functionality, including several which I
> still need to sort through for filtering.

Seems sort of like a replacement for the feed reader.  I was just thinking of
something that sits between the site and the feed reader, caching all the
various entries.

The feed reader would be on a laptop, so while it's not on/connected it can't
check feeds.  The idea was to have a server running, like some do for email,
to be the always-on feed fetcher, and hold the feeds for the reader when it
connects.