kamiza103 on 27 Nov 2007 12:45:00 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Entering extended characters in Linux

Wow, that is really cool.  heh  It worked after I had added the ending quotation mark to the commend.

xmodmap -e "keysym Super_L = Multi_key"

(I need to choose a different key since StarDict is bound to the Super_L key.)

So...how could I use this to make a British pound sign?  I would use if frequently if I could.

Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:
On Friday, 23 November 2007 16:21, Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> My ideal layout would be level3 on scroll lock and compose on
> pause/break, since those keys are both completely useless.  There's no easy
> way to set this, though.

I use xmodmap at home. This one line script sets the "windows key" as the
compose key. I run it everytime X starts.

xmodmap -e "keysym Super_L = Multi_key

Here's a nice article on how to do it

http://process-of-elimination.net/index.php?title=Means_of_Composing_Accented_Characters_in_X_Window_System

I'm going to try your suggestions at work monday. Thanks

Art Alexion

PGP fingerprint: 52A4 B10C AA73 096F A661 92D2 3B65 8EAC ACC5 BA7A
Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm. Info @

New Design Yahoo! JAPAN 2008/01/01