Brent Saner on 28 Nov 2007 07:32:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Old notebook Linux install

  • From: "Brent Saner" <brent.saner@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Old notebook Linux install
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 02:31:55 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=ZLuu6CW4fpZdjnpB0tWB2YMgAwHFvHfkdqBYrr7bmmA=; b=uD0t5DWri3oa7sklKtbn+atUj1hGEo0sI2yMuHs9gzU98Xq0DcH9vePHUwxfZBbgaBYu/n/RkEz1DXavUNVIwxpNiR153UtWleL6S/OjlIIWt/Iw4jPr+2dPxhYrK2oU6d9LRzE6sK73AKR/Jj3vFB7xHa4iU9/BbBbBojOay5o=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

DSL is a good one. i'd do an install if i could.

also, debian is pretty good with ancient hardware. it has an install option for low-mem systems (it's actually a "step" right in the installer, just enter the boot paramater "expert" when loading the disc)

i mean, not a good chance of X working well, but i'm sure you could get CLI working