Brian Vagnoni on 4 Dec 2007 02:50:40 -0000

Re: [PLUG] hardware - a deal I couldn't refuse

You must not like animals I love the cat; having 2 Siamese myself. Yes; it's sooooooooo cute. :)

Brian Vagnoni

Man cannot live my nuts and bolts alone. :)

From: Mike Leone [mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com]
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List [mailto:plug@lists.phillylinux.org]
Sent: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:42:22 -0500
Subject: Re: [PLUG] hardware - a deal I couldn't refuse

Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> On Monday 03 December 2007, jeff wrote:
>> That's ok, I've never understood people who use Vista or Compiz.
>> I almost had a brain hemorrhage when people on the Treo list started
>> going NUTS over `pretty' cases for the thing.
>
> Definitely agreed. Not only does that kind of thing tax the hardware, but it
> tends to distract the user, and I usually find the effects to be fairly
> garish. I don't know much about Vista, but what I've seen from Compiz seems
> to indicate a greater concern for maximising bling instead of utility or
> tasteful aesthetics.

Wanna hear about the frightening number of users in my old company who
think that MS's Clippie (in his guise of small animated dog or cat) is
just "so cute", and would NOT let me turn that option off?

Lotsa folks like the bling ... resource use be damned ... same reason
people like pretty wallpaper. Me, I never see the background, but many
folks like to minimize everything and see it. That, and seasonal
screensavers - you know, the sort that rain snow down on your screen ...
bling, bling, bling ....