Brian Vagnoni on 4 Dec 2007 05:01:35 -0000

[PLUG] My Upcoming Talk

Because this is wireless I really can't use virtual machines for my demo purposes. I have 3 laptops & 4 port KVM switch I can bring with me but my question is I haven't had any luck getting the external vga ports to work with linux. They are all Dells, 2 with ATI, and 1 with an NVIDIA graphics processor ranging from schleppo to high end. What kind of inputs does the projector take at PLUG Central? I'm sure they all have composite video out. I'll be there this week with my usual 2 laptops and I'll try and get there early to maybe see if they will work ok.

I'm trying to decide whether I want to do a more general wireless or break it up into parts(parts is parts) like a class. There is Radio Physics with of course the M word(math, don't worry nothing harder than logs) throw in, then there's the 802.11 stack will bore everyone but a network guru to sleep, the spec itself(will bore anyone to sleep, 802.11a,b,g,&n and draft 2 n the sequel the IEEE Strikes Back), and of course equipment/deployment. :)

I'm big on math folks though I'm no mathematician, everything keeps spinning if it wasn't for math. Every thing is applied mathematics when you look at it. I actually liked Calculus 2; people tell me I'm weird because of that as most preferred 1. Then again people tell me a weird period, but that besides the point :). I assume I'm in good company.

Brian Vagnoni