Mike Leone on 4 Dec 2007 05:30:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Boot Problem

James Barrett wrote:

I had to test and install on an old machine with a ~200 MHz PII processor. A very recent version of Knoppix (with a 2.6 kernel) would not boot no matter what I tried, but an older version with a 2.4 kernel booted with no problems on the first try. Sarge comes with a 2.4 kernel.

I run Kubuntu on a P2-400 w/256M RAM. You'll go old and gray waiting for Firefox to start up, but it works after that ...

Well, I don't use it anymore; I couldn't take the speed. :-) I ended up using ICEWM for a while.