Mike Leone on 9 Dec 2007 05:40:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Spam filtering, anyone?

jeff wrote:

So I'm curious about what others are using.

We use SpamKiller (I think that's the name), which integrates with McAfee that the Devil Spawn email we use (aka Lotus Notes). In 3 months, I don't think I've seen 1 piece of spam ...

The server is (ack.... pbthlllllt) Exchange 2003.

I liked Ex2003 ...

Random work stories follow.  Not on topic.

<snip>

No, we still did not force deleted items to empty on closing (even though we're basically heartless clods). When we mentioned this to the lady with 6,000 deleted items, she begged us not to delete them because `that's where she files stuff.'

The number of users who used to tell me that they filed stuff in what is essentially the garbage never failed to boggle me. Even when I explained (in very simple words) why this is a brain-dead stupid policy that no self-respecting intelligent life form would voluntarily do, they didn't want to change ...

Then there was the Great Password Change Debacle of 2004. One day I hear an announcement over the p.a. for the meeting of the IT Password Change Committee.

Jeff, you are the funniest person I have ever seen post on PLUG. Shoot, man, you should be writing these as regular columns in some publication or blog. I'd subscribe ....