System Admin on 10 Dec 2007 15:58:42 -0000

[PLUG] Full Time Linux/Infrastructure Systems Administrators (Midrange & Senior)

We have up to two openings for motivated, organized self-starting Senior Engineers in our Newtown, PA office.   We are considering candidates with both mid-range, and senior level skills.  An ideal candidate at either level will have real experience with using and configuring Linux in the role of a database server, java application server, web server, and other targeted function in a production environment.

We need highly developed core Linux/Unix/shell scripting/hardware skills as a foundation, but also highly value experience with EMC Clariion storage, Cisco networking, experience racking and cabling server,  load balancing and Java app server config expertise.  Troubleshooting skills also a plus.

This is a zero travel position which is completely focused on provisioning, troubleshooting, and maintaining a production web application environment in which Linux plays a nearly exclusive systems role.  Many other open source technologies are in play, and your knowledge of how to apply these to business operations is an asset.

Local candidates preferred, but all entertained. Please email a recent resume with contact information.

We offer Fair compensation, benefits, a beautiful office building, casual environment, our own datacenter, and a flexible management staff.

Direct applicants only. No submissions or offers from recruiters can be entertained.

Please direct resumes to sysadmin@vantage.com