Eugene Smiley on 11 Dec 2007 01:45:52 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Wireless access - from a security expert

Aaron Mulder wrote:
Still, I'd think the real thing to be concerned about is not so much
network security, but when the RIAA thugs look into the ISP's records
and find out that the offending IP address is assigned to YOU.  I
haven't been following their cases too closely, but my impression is
that the "I swear it wasn't ME" defense isn't going so well.

Hmmmm... With them having the burden of proof they'd need to subpoena your router logs to prove that it was you and not some freeloader. I don't know about you, but I love to see them try to pull logs from a Linksys router. Muhahahahahaaaa!