Matthew Rosewarne on 11 Dec 2007 04:36:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Full Time Linux/Infrastructure Systems Administrators (Midrange & Senior)

On Monday 10 December 2007, Brent Saner wrote:
> speaking as someone who is at his current place of employment BECAUSE of a
> similar post a while back, and because job postings especially are
> specifically sanctioned in the list guidelines, i'd really have to second
> walt's motion that a job offer posted to the list is preferred to a flame
> war any day of the week.

Please guys, actually *read* people's posts before criticising them.
Bhaskar did not take issue with someone posting a job offer to the list.  He
*did* take issue to that person not providing even a clue as to their
identity (Name, employer, position, contact info, etc.).  The most obvious
reasons I can think of for not including that info are that the author is:
	A) inexperienced, and it was just an oversight
	B) sending spam, and does not want to be individually identified

                            _____IN SHORT_____

Job offers    ----->   GOOD!

Job offers with suspiciously-absent contact info   ----->   NOT-SO-GOOD!

%!PS: Yes, I use "they" and "their" to talk about persons of unknown sex.
English teachers are advised to bite my (shiny, metal) ass.