Aaron Mulder on 16 Dec 2007 16:15:48 -0800

[PLUG] SVN & host names

So my Internet was down for a minute, and it just so happened that I
tried an SVN commit right then and it failed because it couldn't look
up the host name.

Now SVN (1.4.4) is borked.  Every time I try to commit it says:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/...'
svn: PROPFIND of '/svn/...': Could not resolve hostname `...': Host
not found (https://...)

The connection has long since recovered.  If I put the URL into the
browser, it works.  If I run nslookup or host on the same hostname
from the same shell window, it works.  What the frig is up with SVN?
Anyone know how to force it to retry the name lookup in some sane way?

Thanks,
      Aaron