Mike Leone on 16 Dec 2007 16:26:26 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Solution to unpleasant posting

Eric wrote:

> This discussion just prompted a thought:  What about another PLUG list for OT
> discussions?  That way, the existing list would be the "Signal" list and the new
> list would be the "Noise" list.  PLUG-TALK?  PLUG-NOISE?

Sounds like that old description of newsgroups and lightbulbs ... People
would still post here (I know I for sure would not subscribe to another
list just to chat with friends who are already on the PLUG list). Then
again if I was just chatting, I'd probably email direct ...

> BTW I'd consider job postings as "Signal"

I don't mind them. Preferably if they're done by members who actually
post, as opposed to recruiters who only post job ads, and never contribute.