Art Alexion on 18 Dec 2007 12:08:22 -0800

Re: [PLUG] firefox passwords

On Monday 17 December 2007 18:33:42 jeff wrote:
> Also if you use their FEBE Firefox backup addon, it can import
> everything back as new.

This is a really nice extension.  You can do selective or full backups and
selective or full restores.  It is cross platform.  Also grab the CLEO
extension that works with FEBE.  What FEBE does is back up different parts of
the profile to different files. That way you can do the selective restore.
What CLEO does is allow you to combine selected FEBE backup files into a
single backup file.  CLEO is a great way to configure Firefox on new user
installations.  Just pick a combo of settings and instructions that you want
to regularly use and restore them to new PCs when installing Firefox.  It
even allows itself and FEBE to be part of the restoration.

Having heaped that praise, I must admit that I ended up copying the entire
profile myself.  For some reason FEBE could find my searchplugins to backup.
I copied what I thought were my searchplugin files, but no go.  Then I copied
the entire profile, and still no go on the searchplugins.  Oh well....