W. Chris Shank on 18 Dec 2007 18:58:31 -0800

Re: [PLUG] SAMBA- Server-side profiles?

oh, and for the printer - we use CUPS. you'll need a block similar to this:

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   printable = yes

make sure the permissions are OK on /var/spool/samba

in the global section, something like:

printing = cups
load printers = yes
cups options = raw

if you want point to print - you'll need a block like this:

[print$]
        comment = Printer Drivers
        path = /var/lib/samba/printers
        browseable = yes