Stephen Gran on 11 Jan 2008 08:15:27 -0800

Re: [PLUG] mutt says mail is From "To Isaac Bennetch"

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 10:32:22AM -0500, Isaac Bennetch said:
> Hi folks, I don't even know where to begin with this one.
>
> I have had my mail working happily for some time; fetchmail grabs a
> few POP accounts (which I sort in to different mailboxes for each
> account with procmail), and mutt reads them all just fine. In my
> .muttrc, I have a few lines of
> folder-hook =mailboxname my_hdr From: foo@bar
> to make my mail appear to come from the proper address. So far so good.
>
> I just added a new POP account and in mutt where I would normally see
> the name of the sender, I instead see "To Isaac Bennetch". My other
> mailboxes are unaffected and continue to display the proper sender
> name.
>
> If I view the message headers, the correct "From: bar@baz" exists. If
> I reply to a message, it tries to send it to me instead of the sender.

The display and the headers are related, but not the same.  Do you have
a different folder index for the troublesome folder?  Can you paste any
config lines related to the troublesome folder into an email?
|  Stephen Gran                  | If I were a grave-digger or even a      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | hangman, there are some people I could  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | work for with a great deal of           |
|                                | enjoyment.   -- Douglas Jerrold         |