Brian Vagnoni on 20 Jan 2008 21:37:34 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Firewall Analysis

Looking at software by Manage Engine . It's a non-free product. Mite be cost prohibited if you have a lot of devices.

http://demo.fwanalyzer.com/fw/mindex.do

I've also heard good things about Cati from a lot of people

Brian Vagnoni

PGP Digital Fingerprint

F076 6EEE 06E5 BEEF EBBD BD36 F29E 850D FC32 3955

From: jeff [mailto:jeffv@op.net]
To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List [mailto:plug@lists.phillylinux.org]
Sent: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:45:40 -0500
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Firewall Analysis

This thread is slightly eerie, in that I was thinking about the very
same thing the other day. I also have a mound of data generated by a
Sonicwall. Oh yeah, and a wall-O-servers.

I don't know if you've seen the web reporting piece, but I find it
sorely lacking. It's cute for the Top 10 Bandwidth Hogs (of last week),
but for anything current or more in-depth, it seems shallow.

Let me know what you go with and I'll do the same.