Alex Launi on 24 Jan 2008 16:46:57 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Making network diagrams in Linux

I'm pretty sure Dia does this sort of thing

On Jan 24, 2008 7:36 PM, Brian Vagnoni <bvagnoni@v-system.net> wrote:
James you aren't a Drexel student are you? Visual Studio started coming with a version of Visio if I'm not mistaken. Though I'm not 100% sure, it mite come with the free version of VS. If you were a drexel student you could download VS from Drexel for free. Provided it wasn't for commercial purposes......

Brian Vagnoni

PGP Digital Fingerprint

F076 6EEE 06E5 BEEF EBBD BD36 F29E 850D FC32 3955

From: James Barrett [mailto:jadoba@jadoba.net]
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 18:59:00 -0500
Subject: [PLUG] Making network diagrams in Linux

I want to make detailed flowchart-type diagrams for a network I am
trying to restructure. Kdissert is what I am using now, and it is a
fairly nice with good features, but is not exactly for network diagrams.
I had the pleasure of being granted with a copy of Microsoft Visio last
year. It actually is (was?) a great product, FWIU one of those things
that MS acquired through a buy-out and did not really mangle all that
much, just rebranded. In any event, I no longer own a license to Visio.

'apt-cache search flowchart' gave me kivio, and I just installed it.
I am going to try it out now, but does anyone have other suggestions?

--
James Barrett

--Alex Launi