jondz on 28 Jan 2008 22:26:53 -0800

Re: [PLUG] General DNS Question Bind

The last field in the soa record should be "negative ttl" and not
anymore "minimum"...but that would depend on the bind version.

Looks to me you are missing the reverse zone for 127.x, mine looks like
(from default install):

in named.conf:

zone "127.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "/etc/bind/db.127";
};

there should be a file db.127 (as in above) also, should have come with
the default bind install. though the file names could be named
different.

also in order for your server to act as a slave your server should be
able to transfer the zone from the masters, that is if youre on the
slave server:

dig your-domain @your-ns-server axfr

(or something like that) should work.  I dont know why you want it that
way, you should have control over the records--maybe your
siteprotect.com dns config has a web based interface but i dont know
that.  for sure the masters will overwrite your slave server zone data.

jondz

ps.  I hope i got it straight also, its been years ago since i last
configured my dns servers.