Art Alexion on 29 Jan 2008 15:52:57 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Adventures in PCMCIA wireless

On Saturday 26 January 2008 18:41:44 Matthew Rosewarne wrote:
> On Saturday 26 January 2008, Art Alexion wrote:
> > First, the system tray thing that shows the signal strength bars and
> > allows you to browse the available networks, just isn't loading, and I am
> > not sure what it is to load it manually.  This problem is still not
> > solved. However...
>
> You probably told it not to start up at some point, check
> ~/.kde/share/config/knetworkmanagerrc
>
> You want to see:
> Autostart=true

knetworkmanager does auto start but no longer seems to handle wireless.  Is
this because I configured it manually?  I installed something called
kwifimanager that runs separately in the tray, shows the connection and
signal strength, but still doesn't seem to let me browse/scan available
networks.